Tuesday 18 November 2014

Initial idea matamorphosis

My initial idea for this project was a lot like a stage set up. taking the scene where he decides he wants to take a sneak peek of Dianna in the bathroom, I want to take all of the feelings to why he wants to take a look in the first place and look into a deeper meaning behind that. for a basic example he may want to go ahead and have a look even though he knows he probably shouldn't. In some way you may look at this as though he has no shame of looking. Doing the project like this I would be able to link this to my subject area art therapy. Looking into deeper meanings and try to communicate this to the viewer in lots of different ways.

I thought that this idea could start of with lots of layers of curtains in which you have to force yourself through. this represents of even how much the character knows it is wrong he will still go through and also because of what we already know of what happens after he has his sneak peek it could also be a way of warning in other words he should of gone with his gut rather than his dick.

this would communicate to the viewers because whilst they decide to walk through the curtains it is because they are curious of what is to be seen on the other side. this is getting across part of his thoughts and feelings to why he carries on walking.

I would also like two other things going of as the viewer tries to walk through the curtains. For instance I liked the idea of whilst the viewer walks through each layer they also find a piece of women's clothing so skirt, top, heels, bra, pants. By doing this I show another example of why his curiosity increases with a naked women on his mind pushing him closer and closer to the door.

the second thing which I would like to happen would be to have a cd track playing the sound of a shower. this to just get a much more literal understanding across to the viewers.

I like the thoughts and ideas I have come up with but I think I really need to narrow it down. I feel I have turned it into more of an installation rather than a final piece. which for one means too much work and not enough time and also im not sure it is arty enough for my own liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment