Tuesday 23 June 2015

Body image

I've had the idea of looking into more about the change from childhood into adulthood, thinking about how much you intellectually and physically change over the years. When being forced to grow up to become a responsible adult some things which you use to do as a child overtime becomes lost. I want to show how big this impacts in every day life, the way we socialize the way we speak our body language and learning what is the acceptable way to act in todays society. I want to over exaggerate this change by showing how adults would be expressed if they still acted as they di when they were little. the way you would dressed, miss matched, bright fun clothes, faces covered in chocolate, pink tails. no suits or ties or heels or brief cases.

by showing this I would like to get some volunteers to come dressed up as a little kid so this could be princesses or superheroes, kidy lunch boxes and toys etc....

I would also ask my volunteers to participate in games such as

hide and seek
patacake
tig
duck duck goose
leap frogs
skipping
pogo sticks
hula hoops
hop scotch
bull dog
hot wheels cars
role play
nap time.

from this I will be watching how we each react and record how we all feel and if we are socially accepted with the other people our age and why?

it would also be good to watch the reactions and hear the opinions of others.

I want my viewers to be amused, confused and judgmental.

I have also thought about how each volunteer could act to a certain personality.
Loud
naughty
shy
mardy
bratty
teachers pet
control freak
tom boy
nerd
outcast

I think people would see this as being more childish as it will be adults acting this way, as people expect this behaviour from children and not adults as you are almost expected to grow out of this stage of your life.

from this experiment I could

take photos
videos
make a collage
video installation


from this I could gain more ideas to then go away build another den and add different objects and thoughts influenced by this experiment.

I could also look at recreating memories from photos for example say if you brought in a picture of u playing when you were younger you could recreate this image by dressing in the same sort of colours in the exact same position playing with the same sort of toys, I think this would look very bazar and un natural to look at, its something which viewers would look hard at to try and understand, but could also feel amused at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment