Wednesday 24 June 2015

doodles


a lot of doodle artists tend to use characters within there wor. i think using childerens favourite characters within in my work would link well with the whole childish theme but maybe instead looking at todays generation of characters i think it wold be better to involve the characters which the older generation use to be fond of. i think this would make sense since it will be adults in my work acting like children so why not include there individual memories as a child.








i said that i would look into using different materials for my own details, i ideally like sticking to a minimum of three or four colours. but I'm happy o think of using other colours than just black. lets see how it goes :)



i don't usually use light pastel colours but i really like the light thinness which this artist shows maybe i might try this myself.


mixing darks with the lights to create a nice balanced contrast where some aspects stand out more than others.


using other materials like crayons, paint, pastel and felt tips, this way i can have a variety of different experimentation to see what fits well with me and showing further idea development.




scribble effect


these next few pieces remind me of some of the shapes, colours and composition which Tesha Moore uses. bright, bold and more of a automatic drawing feel. some of these patterns are simply started of as a scribble and then wiring at it till it looks right for you.













these two look as though they could light up in the dark I'm guessing neon pens in effect with a black background

i have thought about that maybe within my doodles could include other childish aspects like toys animals and disney and cartoon characters.





















No comments:

Post a Comment