Tuesday 23 June 2015

mural

this idea is focusing on children's dreams and imagination. I would like to create a short bedtime story but instead of displaying it in a book I would like to display it on the walls of a den I want to build. so the influences from the bedtime story shows in the dreams of them playing in a castle, den or pirate ship. this story would be a happy place, fantasy, pirates, fairy's, wizards, animals, princesses etc.. I would like the story to be displayed as images rather than a full book so I could create a lot more texture and a variety of materials, sizes and shapes, so this could mean 2d 3d and also digital. I want a variety of materials and objects within this den because I think it will be very different to anything I have done before. I would love to do as much experimentation as possible. I enjoy all 2d 3d and digital techniques.

I would also like to make the space dark and a awkward shape for adults so everyone would have to get on all fours to get around the installation as it would be in a child's dream so it should be fitted for a child. also I think it would fit well if the installation was in a dark space linking well together with sleep and bedtime.


what I could include in my story
princesses
pirates
mermaids
dragons
fairies
animals


other ways which I could display this
newspaper
scrapbook
collage
flipbook
playground
photography
playhouse
cartoons
models

No comments:

Post a Comment